Teen Homeschool Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bios/Discussion: Dispatch

Go down

Bios/Discussion: Dispatch Empty Bios/Discussion: Dispatch

Post by Sarent Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:01 pm

By Sarent, 28.04.2012 13:44

Although ready-to-play, keep in mind that this RPG is very much an experiment!

OTHER GUIDELINES:
- Make sure you know what's going on before you make your first post, especially if there's other recent activity in the RPG.
- This is an alternate-history, historical-fiction sort of RPG. Some dates and events are changed around, so just be a bit careful.
-Along with the above, try not to make your character too anachronistic. This is, after all, set in the (alternate) 1800s, including (probably) your character.

Copyable Character Sheet:
Name:
Alignment:
Appearance:
General Description:
Personal Weapons/Tools:
Other:

NPCs:

Name: Salvon "Saurian" Adams
Alignment: United States of America (?); a diplomat
Appearance: Strange brown hair, slicked into flattened spikes (almost scale-like); rugged face, slightly rounded jawbone; olive green eyes, often bloodshot from long negotiations; not especially tall.
General Description: If you ask him about his "meteoric rise", Adams is apt to say with typical roundabout "modesty" that no, he didn't actually fall from heaven, even if it seems like it. Although his true talent seems to be in diplomacy and foreign relations, he could almost be far ahead of his time - despite his apparent birth into poverty and fortune-struck rise to power, his policies seem almost anachronistic.
Personal Weapons/Tools: Only known to keep a set of handguns, in case of duels.
Other: Adams helped implement a tax on Labrador Duck eggs.

Name: ???
Alignment: ???
Appearance: In modern words: Spiky dark hair usually hidden under a blue-gray ten-gallon hat; slightly tanned face and arms; eyes always hidden behind ridiculously large red, yellow, or orange glowing (sun)glasses; arrow-shaped dark beard/goatee; clothes moderately formal, usually suits or dressy shirts with a simple grid or line pattern, paired with tan carpenter pants and hard-rimmed hiking boots.
General Description: A mysterious figure, name and origin unknown, he has forcefully redirected all people out of the almost-inconceivably-large swath of North America that he claims as his (or just wants people to stay out of). Although technically it is unknown what happened to the one group of settlers who went missing, he is the prime suspect, and will be brought in for questioning - if possible.
Personal Weapons/Tools: ???
Other: (Is bilingual [English and Spanish], although this is not known at the time the RPG begins.)
Sarent
Sarent
Arcmanager

Back to top Go down

Bios/Discussion: Dispatch Empty Re: Bios/Discussion: Dispatch

Post by Sarent Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:07 pm

Super-Admin, 03.05.2012
13:41:

Stargazer122 days ago 2 January 2012 @ 5:43pm

Name: Dorcas
Alignment: Changes whenever it suits her.
Appearance:Short, ragged brown hair is pulled sternly back out of her deeply tanned face. She's lean and of average height for the time, though short by today's standards. Her clothing, like herself, is tough, made mostly of tanned leather and whatever sturdy fabric she can lay her hands on. Though she prefers to wear dungarees most of the time, she dons a well-worn dress whenever she goes into town, so as not to offend the delicate sensibilities of the traders' wives.
General Description: No one knows where she came from, aside from herself, of course. There are several theories made up by the traders in the nearby town. The most popular one is that she was traveling West when her husband died, and she turned wild to survive. The traders had never seen someone turn wild before, but it sounded possible to them. As a general rule, she keeps to herself, though she may form alliances with other people or groups when it suits her needs. Only goes into town to trade furs from the animals she traps, and to buy supplies she can't grow or hunt.
Personal Weapons/Tools: A pistol and a very sharp machete.
Other: Wears a small, tarnished silver locket around her neck. It's unknown what it contains.

Acolyte of Static121 days ago 3 January 2012 @ 6:23pm

Cool character, I must say once again. Bios/Discussion: Dispatch 253468018

Name: Rosalind Pycroft
Alignment: Spania, currently.
Appearance: Pale brown hair; long and wrapped around a bar in the back, but chin-length strands bracket her face. Eyes are of unknown color; it's said no one gets close enough to see. She has several odd dresses, all of which have been retrofitted by her Spanian employers with various kinds of prototype light armor.
General Description: Though she does her best to seem like a young upper-class lady, she really isn't. An unremarkable girl born into poverty, she rose to the vaguely respectable position she holds now because of her money, earned from bounty hunting. She spends much of her time attempting to refine her charisma through interaction with politicians. Most recently, Spania has hired her, unofficially, to help bring in the interloper in the West, and has outfitted her with suitable weaponry and defenses for the task. It is unclear whether she feels obligated to finish the job.
Personal Weapons/Tools: A long-range shotgun; a prototype aluminum-bodied pistol; two crossbows, outfitted to fire vials of a crude tranquilizer; all from Spania. Only usual weapon is a bladed revolver, along with some lockpicks.
Other: ???

Stargazer120 days ago 4 January 2012 @ 3:20pm

Heh, thanks, once again. =)

I have a couple of questions. First, how many characters do we need to be able to start? And is there anywhere in particular we should start the RPG (like, a specific
scene)?

Acolyte of Static120 days ago 4 January 2012 @ 4:50pm

Hmm... I'm not sure how many characters we would need to start. I would assume at least one other player...?

I was planning to make a first post regardless, but just one showing Saurian Adams receiving notice of the Francs and Spanians sending out their agents to join his unofficial Corps, or maybe President Madison's letter of approval. Depending on if/when another player joins, and on what kind of character they choose to make, we could start it at a point where the hunters reach the edge of the frontier, or before they reach it, or are beyond it...

tash113 days ago 11 January 2012@ 7:27pm

Just wondering... do you by any chance play DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS!? Because i would be really excited if you did, as I do.

Stargazer113 days ago 11 January 2012 @ 7:31pm

@Sarent, thanks. Sounds good!

@Tash, I don't, though I think it looks like fun. Bios/Discussion: Dispatch 253468018

tash113 days ago11 January 2012 @ 7:44pm

Name: Murgatroyd

Alignment:Mostly unaligned, but would be partial to whatever form England takes in this world.

Appearance:Sharp, bony face, hazel eyes, silver-blonde hair which she wears in a bun with two dagger
hairpins, rather skinny but quite strong.

General description:She is a witty, steal-from-the-rich-and-give-to-the-poor type

Personal Weapons/Tools:Aforementioned dagger hairpins, a pistol, rough cloth leggings and tunic, a forest feen cloak, a very thi but very strong rope made of spider's silk.

Other:She is the daughter of an English duke, but ran away and joined a band of gypsies when she was 16 to protest his unfair taxation of his tenant farmers.

Acolyte of Static112 days ago 12 January 2012 @ 10:41am

@Tasha, once upon a time I was going to be a Dungeon Master. I had all the books and most of the materials and stuff. And then... I didn't.[/anticlimactic]

Anyway, to all, I'll probably get a small first post for the RPG up sometime today. (It'll be written in present tense, but feel free to write posts in past tense.) After that, the case may or may not be that only Adams and Pycroft are in the Columbian District of Washington at the time we're starting. And if itistrue, the details of your character's location in
North America, especially if it's outside a major city, is up to you.

(I have to note that if anyone's character ends up being outside North America, then the RPG will probably greatly expand in scope.)

One other note is that Angland officially has rather poor diplomatic relations with France and the United American States, and its influence (while large) does not extend to India.

tobi112 days ago 12 January 2012 @ 7:13pm

Name:Tabitha
Alignment:What is Scotland in this world?
Appearance:Tall,with dark hair (usually in a braided knot) a decidedly roman nose, and grey-green eyes.
General Description:Rather reserved and often haughty when you first meet her, but generally good-hearted.
Personal Weapons/tools:A dirk, lock pick wires,and a small crossbow.

Acolyte of Static111 days ago 13 January 2012 @ 6:14pm

Scotland would be... Scotia, I think.

Stargazer56 days ago 8 March 2012 @ 6:25pm

Name: Johnathan Freeman
Age: Seventeen years, six months, and two days. (Five months and
twenty-nine days until he can join the Army!)

Alignment: USA. It's a huckleberry over his persimmon why anyone would want to be aligned with
anything BUT the USA.

Appearance: The generic teenage farm boy/young man of the era, he's tall and strong, with dark hair and tanned skin.
General Description: Very energetic and gung-ho. John's life ambition is, currently, to become a soldier. Unfortunately, there aren't any wars on now and besides, he's too young to be admitted. (He knows this because he's tried to join up before, but his Mama got wind of it, stormed down to the barracks and chewed out the officer on duty. Now no officer in a hundred-mile radius of Washington DC is going to admit him until at least his 18th birthday, if not later, no sir.) The next best thing he can do is go on the Expedition with Mr. Adams and his team. For some reason, not many other people--actually, no one--volunteered for the job of Mr. Adams' personal assistant (the pay's not very good, and not many people want to leave their family for who-knows-how-long), and they were very pleased to have him. He's just glad to have any adventure in his life at all.
Personal Weapons/Tools: A rifle.

Acolyte of Static55 days ago 9 March 2012 @ 4:53pm

A note for the story's sake - the joke of Maybe Not is quite old and/or widespread by 1810, but no one really knows where it came from. One possible origin was from the flamboyant inventor Veran Carradine, who often gave public demonstrations of his jerry-built engines, but as he disappeared under mysterious circumstances several years ago (just before completing what would have been an important design), no one can ask him. The other person who used that phrase at that point in time was "Opsis" Hadian,
but she was never in the eye of the public, even if she was the one to ingrain the phrase widely.

I would have just put this in OOC, but it got kind of long. XP

Anyway, I'll try to have another post up just to begin the journey west. Remember, to those of you who haven't joined, you can make your character (if you wish) one of the hunters, as long as there are spots available! Then again, you don't have to, but yeah.

Spanian hunters: Rosalind Pycroft, 2 other spots available
French hunters: 2 spots available
American hunters: 3 spots available

Stargazer, 17.06.2012 19:32:

Name: James Penrose
Alignment: American.
Appearance: Quite tall for the era, though not by modern standards. He has dark eyes and hair, the latter of which tends to get rather long and tangled when he's not trying to dress up to impress someone, and if he is he crops his hair very close. By any standards, he's muscular and tanned, from spending so much time outdoors riding horses and apprehending lawbreakers.
General Description: It is not known where he came from, but he never speaks of it and most are too afraid to ask. He is a skilled fighter, and one of the country's foremost experts on 'the West', having explored a great deal of it. Most people are afraid of offending him, as his loud voice and warrior's bearing make him seem a dangerous person. They are correct in that assumption, though he has no desire to injure most people. His wrath is reserved for the true threats to this great country.
Personal Weapons/Tools: Unknown.

More to be added later. Some things may be changed as I get annoyed at anachronistic details or get more ideas.
Sarent
Sarent
Arcmanager

Back to top Go down